Nazanin is an internationally trained lawyer. She holds bachelor of law from Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran. Before immigrating to Canada, she worked in different areas of law including Intellectual Property. After immigration, she studied law at the University of Alberta and received her certificate of qualification form Federation of Law Societies of Canada in 2017. Nazanin articled with a boutique law firm in Edmonton, practicing Immigration and Personal Injury Law.She earned the reputation as a patient and hardworking lawyer, and her caring personality assuages the legal process for clients.
Nazanin was called to the Bar in May 2019, and started her practice focusing on Immigration, Personal Injury, Real Estate and Wills with Merchant Law Group LLP shortly thereafter. She is fluent in Farsi (Persian) and Dari.
Areas of Practice
- Wills and Estates
- estate planning
- wills preparation
- enduring Power of Attorneys and Personal Directive
- court applications for Grants of Probate and Grants of Administration
- Family Law
- property division
- spousal support
- child custody/support
- Business Law
- incorporation of small companies and purchases/sales of assets/companies
- Adult Trusteeship and Guardianship
- initial Trustee and Guardian applications
- reviews of existing Orders
- passing of accounts under the Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act of Alberta
- Real Estate Law
- Trained family mediator, helping clients resolve family conflicts.
- In the process of acquiring the qualification required for a collaborative family practice.
- LL.B., University of Alberta
- B.A. Russian Literature and Psychology, University of Alberta
Called to the Bar, Alberta, 2005
- Serbo-Croatian (understanding)