Donald became the Executive Director of Merchant Law Group LLP starting in 1993, nearly 30 years ago. His experience managing law firms at various levels and in multiple provinces across Canada goes back even further to 1981. Mr. Outerbridge has been a mentor, a colleague and a friend to many lawyers over the years, both junior and senior.
Donald’s university education consisted of his achieving two degrees at the University of Western Ontario: a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1981 followed by a Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1983.
Donald is Past President, Association of Legal Administrators, Winnipeg Chapter (1991) and has been Guest Lecturer, Red River Community College, Legal Assistant Program’s, “Law Office Management” subsection, Winnipeg, MB (1989-1992).
Donald is also an avid sports enthusiast, a Green Bay Packers NFL football fan and a loyal Notre Dame Fighting Irish college football fan to name just two!
- Certified General Accountant, Level 2 (1988), Certified General Accountants of Saskatchewan
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce (1983), University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario
- Bachelor of Arts (1981), The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
- Graduated Grade 13 (1976), Trinity College Schools, Port Hope, Ontario
- Merchant Law Group LLP, Executive Director (February 1993 – Present)
- W.J. Wladyka & Associates, Management Consultants, Winnipeg, MB (May 1992 – January 1993)
- Simkin, Gallagher, Barristers & Solicitors, General Mangager, Winnipeg, MB (January 1988 – February 1992)
- Outerbridge, Barristers & Solicitors, Administrator, Toronto, ON (September 1982 – December 1987)
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA), President, Winnipeg Chapter (1991)
- Red River Community College (Winnipeg, MB), Guest Lecturer to the Legal Assistant Program’s, “Law Office Management” Subsection (1989-1992)