Sunny received her Juris Doctor from the University of Calgary in 2019. Prior to joining Merchant Law, she articled and practiced at a boutique firm in Calgary, Alberta where her focus was immigration, wills and estates, and family law.
In past years, she has assisted clients with:
- Temporary residence visas (for work, study or visit) and TRPs
- Sponsorships for spouses, children and other relatives
- Economic immigration through provincial programs
- In-Canada humanitarian and compassionate applications
- Refugee claims and hearings
- Canada Service Border Agency removals and cessations
- Appeals to the Immigration Appeal Division, Refugee Appeal Divison and Federal Court
- Citizenship and proof of citizenship applications
In the community, Sunny believes in public legal education. She enjoys presenting workshops on various legal topics, in collaboration with numerous organizations in British Columbia and in Alberta.
If you are interested in coming to or remaining in Canada, Sunny is available to discuss your options.