Skip to content

News: Police charge motorist responsible for hit-and-run in Morinville

MORINVILLE, AB – Police have filed charges against the motorist they believe was responsible for a violent hit-and-run incident in Sturgeon County in mid-February, according to Canada Police Report.

Morinville RCMP were called to the scene of a hit-and-run collision at the intersection of Highway 2 and Township Road 552 on February 14, 2021. The victim told them that the driver of a red older-model Ford pickup struck their car at a high rate of speed, pushing it into ditch on the side of the road. The driver deliberately rammed the victim’s car several more times before leaving the scene.

Investigations led authorities to Jason Boutillier, whom they charged with Assault with a Weapon, Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle, Failure to Remain at the Scene of an Accident, and Committing Mischief to Property Endangering Life. He has been released from custody, and is expected back in court on April 29.

If you’ve been injured because of the reckless or aggressive behavior of another motorist, the Calgary car accident lawyers of Merchant Law Group are ready to help you get the money you deserve. Tell us more about your experience during a free initial consultation, which you can schedule today by calling (403) 237-7777 or contacting us online.

About Sean Hall

Sean is a dedicated member of our team. He follows the news and reports on any kind of major road accident in the greater Calgary area.

Please note: The information provided on this website is Not Legal Advice. The information may or may not be accurate. The information is for discussion purposes only. Reliance upon any information provided would not be grounds to advance a claim against Merchant Law for providing any advice. In order to get a formal legal opinion upon which you may rely about any specific fact scenario, you would have to first retain the services of a lawyer and request a formal legal opinion.